We are delighted to announce we will be welcoming Anthony Lett and Innovations in Pilates to our studio in Dublin on Saturday / Sunday 8th and 9th of March 2014. This course is suitable for Instructors only.
Many of the exercises in the Innovations repertoire can be recognised as adaptations of the original Pilates work, with the integration of what are known as “neuromuscular techniques” such as “PNF,” “MET” or “Contract/Relax” stretching methods. The integration of these practices makes for far greater increases in range of movement than the traditional work. Innovations in Pilates can be used for musculoskeletal rehabilitation, performance enhancement and as a regular activity to maintain a healthy lifestyle including the effective management of stress.
In this workshop we will be focusing on Matwork and some of our course objectives include:-
- Understand therapeutic muscle stretching and why we need it
- Upgrade your knowledge of anatomy
- Learn partnering, adjusting and cueing for this new repertoire
- Discover relationship between core strength, good posture, dynamic exercise and flexibility
- Review case studies on flexibility interventions and Pilates
- Understand skeletal variation and its impact on stretching and Pilates
- Use Innovations in Pilates as a form of Pre-Pilates
Early Bird price is €300 per person and you must book before 31/01/14 to avail of the Early Bird. Bookings received after this date will be €350 per person.
“Innovations in Pilates is not a “quick fix” or “cure all.” It is a very safe and effective set of practices to improve one’s flexibility. Other benefits include increased strength, posture, ease of movement and mind/body awareness. Its essence is simplicity – expose your body to repeated lengthening and it willthe same qualities that success in any endeavour demands; practice, some discomfort, and persistence. If your goal is to become more flexible, I know of no better approach. If I did, I would use it!” – Anthony Lett