Live & Breathe Pilates are delighted to announce that we are hosting Anatomy Trains in Motion in our studio in Dublin June 9th – 11th 2017.
This three day course is specifically designed for modern movement teachers and therapists, who want to expand their professional horizon and expertise in structural integration through movement.
Whatever your movement modality – Yoga, Pilates, Personal Training, Dance – Anatomy Trains in Motion offers skills that will add a new dimension to your teaching and practice.
At the heart of this course are the myofascial meridians. Understanding the lines’ anatomy, workings, sensory qualities and relationships are invaluable teaching skills that will transform your view on body reading, lesson planning and cueing.
While traditional anatomy is static, Anatomy Trains is dynamic and interconnected like the human body which is in constant motion. Thomas Myers’ Anatomy Trains concept moves beyond mechanical ‘cause and effect’ actions of muscles to integrative relational connections of real life functional movement.
The three days are filled with movement, relevant information and practical applications that not only sound good on paper, but work well in real life.
To establish the framework in which we move we will first look at the big Anatomy Trains picture and what myofascial meridians really are. Yes, they are so much more than ‘lines’ that can be ‘superimposed’ onto exercises! We will also discuss how Anatomy Trains can serve you as a body map, giving you valuable insights into your clients’ postural and movement patterns. Discussing and experiencing the Essential Events (joint actions that engage the lines most efficiently in daily activities such as gait) rounds up the big picture.
The myofascial meridian focus is on the:
• Superficial Back Line
• Superficial Front Line
• Lateral Line
• Spiral Line
• Deep Front Line
The anatomy and practical applications for the Arm Lines and Functional Lines are also woven in. A seamless and functional (for our purpose) lesson, representing the interconnectedness of myofascial meridians in motion is also part of the course.
In a Nutshell
• Anatomy Trains in Motion is a holistic anatomy course ‘translated’ into movement.
• Anatomy Trains serves as a holistic body map for movement teachers, giving valuable insights into postural and movement patterns.
• The concept focuses on integrative relational connections of real life functional movement.
• The Essential Events, or joint actions that engage the lines most efficiently in gait, are an integral part of understanding Anatomy Trains as a map for movement.
• The lines’ anatomy, workings and sensory qualities are discussed and explored in movement with specific exercises and sequences.
• The seamless and functional Anatomy Trains in Motion lesson incorporates all theoretical components discussed and practical applications experienced.
• All practical applications incorporate Slings myofascial training techniques.
Certification in a movement modality such as Pilates, Yoga (minimum 100 lessons) or fitness or hands on therapy.
Anatomy Trains in Motion is 21 hours taught over three days on Friday, Saturday and Sunday 9th – 11th June 2017.
- Friday 2-9pm
- Saturday 1-8pm
- Sunday 10-7pm
Certificates of Attendance:
- Anatomy Trains® in Motion
- art of motion training in movement®
The price of the 3 day Anatomy Trains in Motion course is €499. Early bird is now sold out.
If you wish to avail of a payment installment plan then please get in touch. Please note there is an administration fee to avail of our installment plan.
Cancellations are subject to an administration fee of 25% of full price of course. Course fees are non-refundable within one month of the course start date.
About Your Instructor
Muriel is the Senior Educator and Managing Director of art of motion academy® Australia. Muriel, known to most as Mumu, has always been an enthusiastic mover. Her love for movement brought her from the Swiss Alps to London where she completed a Contemporary Dance Diploma at the Laban Centre. This is where she experienced firsthand the great benefits of Pilates and developed a strong interest in holistic movement training and injury prevention, two topics very close to home. Love brought her to Australia where Mumu’s enthusiasm and fervour to learn more was met with Karin’s inspiring teaching. Meeting Karin opened a whole new world of possibilities and gave her a more contemporary science-based understanding of the body’s interconnectedness. art of motion’s holistic and up to date approach to functional exercise and exercise sequencing was refreshing for Mumu, and a memorable turning point in her life and career. She was a senior lecturer for several years with art of motion before becoming the principle lecturer, team educator and Manager of the Australian office. This has kept Mumu on her toes as well as satisfied her eagerness to continue learning and share her passion for holistic movement. Her journey continues; recently becoming a certified Anatomy Trains in Motion teacher and a certified lecturer for Slings Myofascial Training. She has enjoyed this journey greatly already and knows there is more to learn for evermore, which both inspires and excites her! Travelling is in her nature. You can find her teaching and lecturing internationally in Switzerland, Europe, Singapore, Bali, and Australia-wide!
- Certified Lecturer Contemporary Pilates
- Certified Lecturer Slings Myofascial Training®
- Certified Lecturer Anatomy Trains in Motion®
- Certificate IV in Matwork Contemporary Pilates & Teaching Methodology
- Diploma in Matwork
- Reformer Contemporary Pilates & Teaching Methodology
- Certified Slings Myofascial Training® Practitioner
- Diploma of Contemporary Dance, Laban Centre London
- Physical Theatre Teacher and Choreographer, Ecole d‘ Humanite Switzerland
- International Presenter at divers Movement Conferences & Congresses
- Exercise Sports Science Australia (ESSA) presenter
- Myofascial Fitness, Robert Schleip
- Walking the Lines: Gait, Anatomy Trains & Fascial Efficiency, James Earls
- Eyes Within Your Spine, Mary Bond