On Saturday 9th of November from 11:00 – 13:00 we are holding an information morning with the Irish Osteoporosis Society (IOS). Cost is €25 per person which also gives you membership to the IOS or €10 without membership and all the proceeds will go directly to the charity. The IOS have received no government funding in the past two years and so all support is greatly appreciated.
This event is open to Clients and their friends and family and also the general public who have been diagnosed with Osteoporosis or Osteopenia or who want to learn more about the condition.
The IOS will provide information on:-
- What is Osteopenia and Osteoporosis?
- Who is at risk?
- How a person is diagnosed?
- How to prevent it?
- Basic understanding of the DXA scan results
- If someone is negative what they need to do
- If someone is positive what they need to do
- The importance of calcium and vitamin D3
- Weight bearing: walking, dancing and stair climbing
We are delighted to also have former Irish Olympian and IOS Exercise Specialist Marie Murphy joining us for an overview of safe exercise and nutrition tips.
We will also give an overview of how Pilates can help you exercise safely.
Other Pilates and Fitness instructors interested in knowing how to keep their exercise programs safe and appropriate for clients with bone density issues are very welcome.