Essentially Anatomy Trains in Motion is an anatomy course in which you will increase your depth of knowledge and gain a new perspective of Thomas W. Myers’ Anatomy Trains concept in relation to body-minded movement. The course is filled with functional anatomy, movement relevant information and practical applications that not only sound good on paper, but also work well in real life. Anatomy Trains in Motion lies the foundation for the Slings Myofascial Training education.
At the heart of the course are the myofascial meridians. Understanding the lines’ integral anatomy, workings, sensory qualities and relationships are invaluable for body reading, clear movement intention, lesson planning and teaching. Yes, myofascial meridians are so much more than ‘lines’ that can be ‘superimposed’ onto exercises!
The essential events of walking, or said differently, the necessary motions for engaging myofascial meridians efficiently in gait, are a theme that runs throughout the 3 days. All of the theory is “translated” into movement with lots of exercises, functional sequences and a specifically designed Anatomy Trains in Motion lesson.
If you love integral anatomy and want to gain an extensive understanding of the Anatomy Trains body map through movement, this course is for you.
In our video below, Karin Gurtner found of art-of-motion, talks about the Anatomy Trains in Motion Training that we host in our studio in Dublin.
In a Nutshell
- Gaining a comprehensive view of Thomas W. Myers’ Anatomy Trains concept as a holistic body map for movement teachers.
- Discussion of Essential Events characterising ease and myofascial efficiency in natural movements such as gait.
- Study of the Anatomy Trains lines’ myofascial anatomy, workings and sensory qualities. The Myofascial Meridians in focus are (Arm Lines and Functional Lines anatomy is incorporated):
- Superficial Back Line.
- Superficial Front Line.
- Lateral Line.
- Spiral Line.
- Deep Front Line.
- Exemplification of myofascial training considerations in general and in relation to each meridian.
- Experiencing Myofascial Meridians in motion with specific exercises and movement sequences.
- Experiencing scientifically based Slings myofascial training techniques enhancing structural balance through movement.
- Participation and discussion of a seamlessly choreographed Anatomy Trains in Motion lesson in which all course components are incorporated, providing a complete body-mind experience.
- Closer Look at the Main Course Content
Duration: 3 days (21 hours)
Selfstudy time: 42 hours
Handout: In-depth education manual with detailed photographic references.
Prerequisite: art of motion Pilates Matwork Certification or equivalent in Pilates, Yoga, therapy (minimum 100 lessons).
Certificate: Certificate of Participation
See course schedule for pricing.
Due to massive interest in our 2017 course, Live & Breathe Pilates are delighted to announce that we are hosting Anatomy Trains in Motion again in our studio in Dublin April 20th – 22nd 2018.
We are also hosting Slings Essentials and Slings in Motion I in June 2018.
The three day Anatomy Trains in Motion course is specifically designed for modern movement teachers and therapists, who want to expand their professional horizon and expertise in structural integration through movement.
Whatever your movement modality – Yoga, Pilates, Personal Training, Dance – Anatomy Trains in Motion offers skills that will add a new dimension to your teaching and practice.
At the heart of this course are the myofascial meridians. Understanding the lines’ anatomy, workings, sensory qualities and relationships are invaluable teaching skills that will transform your view on body reading, lesson planning and cueing.
While traditional anatomy is static, Anatomy Trains is dynamic and interconnected like the human body which is in constant motion. Thomas Myers’ Anatomy Trains concept moves beyond mechanical ‘cause and effect’ actions of muscles to integrative relational connections of real life functional movement.
The three days are filled with movement, relevant information and practical applications that not only sound good on paper, but work well in real life.
To establish the framework in which we move we will first look at the big Anatomy Trains picture and what myofascial meridians really are. Yes, they are so much more than ‘lines’ that can be ‘superimposed’ onto exercises! We will also discuss how Anatomy Trains can serve you as a body map, giving you valuable insights into your clients’ postural and movement patterns. Discussing and experiencing the Essential Events (joint actions that engage the lines most efficiently in daily activities such as gait) rounds up the big picture.
The myofascial meridian focus is on the:
• Superficial Back Line
• Superficial Front Line
• Lateral Line
• Spiral Line
• Deep Front Line
The anatomy and practical applications for the Arm Lines and Functional Lines are also woven in. A seamless and functional (for our purpose) lesson, representing the interconnectedness of myofascial meridians in motion is also part of the course.
In a Nutshell
• Anatomy Trains in Motion is a holistic anatomy course ‘translated’ into movement.
• Anatomy Trains serves as a holistic body map for movement teachers, giving valuable insights into postural and movement patterns.
• Anatomy Trains in Motion is a pre-requisite for the Slings courses.
• The concept focuses on integrative relational connections of real life functional movement.
• The Essential Events, or joint actions that engage the lines most efficiently in gait, are an integral part of understanding Anatomy Trains as a map for movement.
• The lines’ anatomy, workings and sensory qualities are discussed and explored in movement with specific exercises and sequences.
• The seamless and functional Anatomy Trains in Motion lesson incorporates all theoretical components discussed and practical applications experienced.
• All practical applications incorporate Slings myofascial training techniques.
Certification in a movement modality such as Pilates, Yoga (minimum 100 lessons) or fitness or hands on therapy.
Anatomy Trains in Motion is 21 hours taught over three days on Friday, Saturday and Sunday 20th – 22nd April 2017.
- Friday 2-9pm
- Saturday 1-8pm
- Sunday 10-7pm
Certificates of Attendance:
- Anatomy Trains® in Motion
- art of motion training in movement®
The full price of the 3 day Anatomy Trains in Motion course is €499. Some early bird pricing is available on a tiered basis.
If you wish to avail of a payment installment plan then please get in touch. Please note there is an administration fee of €25 applicable.
Cancellations are subject to an administration fee of 25% of full price of course unless we can re-sell your place. Course fees are non-refundable within one month of the course start date, no exceptions.
About Your Instructor
Bonnie has passionately dedicated her professional life to movement and therapy. Difficult issues are great challenges for Bonnie. In her PhD thesis she investigated the role of exercise and complementary therapies in the rehabilitation of cancer patients. Today, Bonnie works at the UWA clinic, teaches within the School of Sport Science, Exercise & Health and is an art of motion lecturer®.
- Certified Lecturer Contemporary Pilates
- Certified Lecturer Slings Myofascial Training®
- Certified Pilates Teacher
- Certified Slings Myofascial Training® Practitioner
- BSc H1 Hons – Exercise & Health
- BA History
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist
- Coordinator University of Western Australia Health & Rehabilitation
- Clinic Lecturer University of Western Australia