Do you work with female clients or patients?
Do you know that 1 in 3 women have some type of pelvic floor dysfunction?
Is your exercise prescription meeting their needs?
After amazing feedback from past participants, we’re delighted to welcome Michelle Lyons, Women’s Health Integrative Physio and co-founder of the Women’s Health Physiotherapy Group back to the studio to teach this intermediate level workshop again.
This full day workshop is for therapists and movement professionals with an interest in learning about and deepening their understanding of female pelvic floor function (and dysfunction) for their own personal education and exploration.
Pelvic Floor & Core Foundations Workshop
Topics covered by Michelle during this full day workshop include:
- Understanding the functional anatomy of the pelvis and pelvic floor muscles
- The relationship of the Pelvic Floor to the rest of the Core including the Diaphragm and respiration, the lumbothoracic region and the hip complex
- How to screen for pelvic floor dysfunction – and what to do about it
- What is ‘Pelvic Floor Safe’ Exercise – modifying exercise for those experiencing Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Understanding Intra-Abdominal Pressure (IAP) and how to manage it – understand how different exercises and positions have different IAP implications
- Simple strategies and resources for ‘down training’ an ‘overactive’ Pelvic Floor
- The types of Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP)
- How to screen your clients for PFD including types of incontinence – bladder, bowel, pelvic pain, ortho dysfunction and POP
- What are the pelvic health red flags
- Pelvic health and back pain overview.
- Pelvic health and the female athlete overview
- Pelvic health in pregnancy overview
- Pelvic health in postnatal period overview
- Pelvic health in the 3rd Age (peri-to-post menopause) overview
- Integrating yoga, Pilates and barre into a functional pelvic health programme: training for pelvic floor co-ordination and full range of motion.
The full price for this workshop is €259. Early bird tickets are available for €199. Once these sell out, tier 2 ticket prices will kick in.
This intermediate level workshop is aimed movement teachers, manual therapists and any fitness professionals working with women.
A certificate of attendance will be provided.
About Your Instructor
Michelle Lyons is a chartered physiotherapist, specialising in integrative women’s health. Her clinical toolbox includes over two decades in pelvic health physiotherapy, yoga, Pilates, nutrition, health coaching and mindfulness as a therapeutic intervention. She teaches nationally, internationally and online and is on the faculty of Herman & Wallace, the Pelvic Rehab Institute, the Integrative Women’s Health Institute and she is the clinical consultant for Burrell Education, the global leader in continuing education in women’s health for fitpro’s, massage therapists and clinicians worldwide.
As well as her specialist physiotherapy courses on pelvic health and oncology rehab, her speaking invitations include the International Pelvic Pain Society conference, the International Continence Society conference, the British Pelvic Floor Society, the Woman on Fire Summit, the Pelvic, Obstetric & Gynaecological Physiotherapy Association, the Pelvic Health Summit, the Klose Lymphedema conference and the Chartered Physiotherapists in Women’s Health & Continence.
When she is not treating patients, teaching or traveling, she enjoys life at home in rural Ireland with her family, her menagerie of animals and her well stocked bookcases.