This is the next in our series of Getting to Know Your Instructor.
Meet Rachel Hollywood who joined our great team of teachers here at Live & Breathe Pilates in 2021.
When you were younger what did you want to be when you grew up?
What inspired you to become a Pilates teacher?
I just loved how Pilates made me feel. It’s the one form of exercise that has been a constant for me for 15+ years.
What’s your favourite thing about teaching?
Seeing clients love for the classes & their progressions.
What’s your least favourite thing about teaching?
Don’t have one yet…ask me again in 5 years !!
What’s your favourite Pilates exercise? Why?
Mermaid on the Reformer. It just feels soooooo good.
What Pilates exercise do you like the least? Why?
Open leg rocker will always be my nemesis.
Describe your teaching style in less than ten words.
Informative, fun & inclusive.
What are your top tips for a client starting out with Pilates?
1. Make the classes/exercises work for you – modify.
2. Do a little bit everyday, don’t be put off if you can’t find a spare hour.
3. Have fun – find a teacher you like & enjoy yourself.
What are your top tips for clients on progressing their Pilates practice?
1. Be consistent with your practice.
2. Find a teacher you love (there’s a theme here!) so you enjoy going to their classes.
3. Ask questions – if you’re not feeling the exercise in the way you this you should talk to your teacher, maybe even book a private session with them.
Who is someone who inspires you? Why?
I’m inspired by people every single day, doing every day things to overcome & to selflessly help other people. On the worldwide stage It would be amazing ladies like Malala Yousafzai, Greta Thunberg & Dolly Parton.
“I raise up my voice not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard” – Malala Yousafzai
When you’re not teaching what do you like to do?
Walk the dog, running & hang out with the kids.
Tell us one thing we might not know about you.
That I once stood on Joan Collins’s foot (by accident). She was not impressed!
Rachel is available for one to ones as well as teaching regular group classes in our studio.